Friday, July 10, 2009

Something I thought about today:

At work tonight the new kid Tim (tall, skater Tim who talks like *~this~*) explained to me that he was wearing a rubber band around his wrist because a teacher told him to snap it every time he thinks of a girl he’s trying to get over. Seriously. It was like I was looking at myself two years ago, only male and taller. I told him it wouldn’t work and that his wrist would balloon up from snapping it every 30 seconds.


Now, unrelated to this fact is that because we now I have Verizon at my house we now have all the channels of *~all the world~*. And because we now have the National Geographic Channel (aka Nat Geo, to all the cool peeps) (Amy, stick with this post) I’ve been addicted to Cesar Millan the Dog Whisperer.


Now, these two things are related only because after I watched Tim snap himself and wince approximately 30 times during only the first hour of work it made me think of Cesar. And his dog whispering. Because the wrist snapping is a means of behavior modification. And I feel like it’s similar to methods used to train dogs. But the problem for Tall Tim (and old me) is that we’re not dogs. We’re people. So why the fuck did one of the smartest people I’ve ever met instruct me to snap myself hundreds of times a day?


*Think of “Something I thought about today” as a new bi-weekly column. It won’t always be pretty and it certainly won’t always be profound. But it’ll be fun, dang it.

No comments: