Sunday, May 24, 2009

I don’t know exactly when it happened; all I know is that I was too busy to notice it. I realized tonight that we’ve had our last new years as a group and our last sleepover. It’s sad when a group of friends dissolve into just a group of people. It’s sad when you look around and you don’t know why you’re with the people you’re with. All these years I’ve always thought I was such a devoted friend, but that isn’t really true. I’m an extremely dedicated friend, so much so that it’s a flaw, to a few people. There are other people who I’ve called friends who now I really don’t know if I ever actually gave a shit about.

I’m forced with the prospect of having to make a life out of the jumbled mess I currently have. Because Amy is going to leave. And Kate will too. Neither for good, but for long enough that I will have to learn to live for myself for once and not for someone else.

The scary part is I don't know if I want to.

2 comments:

Amy said...

i will love you just as much even when i'm an ocean away. and i'll be home for christmas..the only time i'll be gone longer than usual is spring semester, and it will be good for you to have extra time in the spring, cuz spring semesters suck. a little extra time apart will keep you from getting sick of me haha

Ditchass said...

Yes, I know you'll still love me, dumbass. I was railing at the REST of my life.