Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Good Start

Welcome to the new blog. I started this for one main reason. I am a completely different person now. I started the old blog, Clearvisions, when I was sixteen years old. I will be twenty in October. A lot of life happened in those years and my life looks drastically different now than it did then. I came out, I grew up, I fell in love with someone, I got my heart broken, I searched for myself, I found my creative voice. I have different best friends now, different goals in life, different hopes and different dreams. I wanted a new blog that reflects those changes. Clearvisions, as a project and as a creative space for me has ended. I’ll always have those entries to look back on. Just because I have changed and my future has changed course along with me, that doesn’t negate my past. I’m in a place right now where I am trying to look forward rather than backward. I’m starting the next piece of my life, and I hope to document it here as I live it. For the first time I can honestly say that I’m not scared of the future. I’m excited to see what it will be. In a sense I am cutting the tether to my past. It will always remain and I will always remember it, but it no longer defines me as the person I am now, or the person that I will become. I have learned recently that we each, to some extent, decide our own fate. Today, I’m deciding to let go.

No comments: